Nicola is a Partner in Lavelle and Head of the Firm’s Property Department.
Nicola is a dual qualified Solicitor in both Ireland and England and Wales and she has extensive experience in all commercial property, property development and property finance matters in both the English and Irish markets.
Nicola spent a number of years working in the property department of a London law firm prior to returning to Ireland in 2015.
Nicola is also a qualified tax adviser (AITI) and she specialised in tax for a number of years prior to becoming a property specialist.
Nicola is an experienced practitioner and she has advised a wide variety of clients across a number of sectors including retail, residential, hotel, State agencies and financial services.
Relevant Professional Experience
- Acting for landowners and developers (both residential and commercial) in relation to the acquisition and disposal of residential and commercial sites for development including advising on conditional contracts, site assembly, overage agreements, social and affordable housing, option agreements, infrastructure agreements, collaboration agreements, promotion agreements and joint venture agreements
- Acquisition and disposal of commercial properties by private treaty, auction, share and asset transfer
- Advising on property partnership agreements, co-ownership agreements and syndicated investor agreements
- Advising landlords and tenants on all aspects of commercial leasing for retail, office and industrial properties
- Acting for banks in relation to taking security over properties and receivership disposals
- Acting for banks and private syndicated lenders in relation to property acquisition and property development funding
- Advising in relation to property tax matters
Education and Professional Memberships
- Bachelor of Civil Law (UCD) 1996
- Higher Diploma in Business Studies (UCD) 1997
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland 2000
- Associate of the Institute of Taxation in Ireland (AITI) 2002
- Diploma in Trust and Estate Planning (Law Society and STEP) 2004
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales 2008