Disputes arising between business partners or directors or shareholders of a company can be difficult, complex and highly stressful. Lavelle Solicitors will provide you with commercial, practical and clear advice as to your rights, obligations and options. We have the expertise to handle such matters sensitively, quickly and effectively.
We have many years experience of such disputes and have successfully implemented exits and restructuring in order to resolve disputes. Our emphasis is to seek an early commercial resolution to this type of dispute to avoid the acrimony and damage to relationships and reputations that can be involved.
We advocate mediation as a means to compromise such disputes. We have practical experience of mediation and therefore can advise you from the beginning to the conclusion of your dispute. However, if litigation is inevitable, we have the expertise to handle all types of action including the following:
- Dissolution of partnerships under Section 35 of the Partnership Act, 1890.
- Winding up of companies under Section 213 of the Companies Act, 1963.
- Actions relating to oppression of minority shareholders under Section 205 of the Companies Act, 1963.
- Derivative actions.
- Proceedings relating to distribution of partnership assets.
- Enforcement of confidentiality provisions and restrictive covenants.
We are Specialist Solicitors in Shareholder, Director and Partnership Disputes and we are happy to assist or advise you in any aspect of this area.